Saturday, September 12, 2009

Bento (1)

Day one of bento making. The alarm clock was set for 5:00 a.m. I actually dragged up at 5:15 . . . and I completed THREE bentos roughly on time. Timing is a little difficult since my ex leaves at 6:00 a.m. and Goose and I don't have to leave for school until 7:20 or so. Potato salad went well, but didn't cook in time to make it into T.'s lunch.

The bulk of these bentos were leftovers from the Texas Roadhouse (beef tips and rice). I used cucumbers to separate the beef tips in T.'s lunch. To supplement, I then made apple/kiwi skewers, cut out cheese stars, and added lettuce and grapes.

My bento (the baby seal) has the potato salad squished in in an aluminum cupcake holder. I also discovered Velveeta cheese stars melt. Who knew?


Goose's bento - with cucumber apple salad and rather unattractive sausages. I'm sure there are ways to make them cute. At least I know Goose liked them. The next day he asked if I could make the sausage sandwhiches again. AWWWWW!

No comments:

Post a Comment