Thursday, November 12, 2009

Bento (34) - Tangy Chicken with Extra Chicken

Sorry for falling behind on the bento posts . . . for those who don't know, I participate in NanoWriMo (National Novel Writers Month) every November - the goal being to type 50,000 words from midnight on October 31 to midnight on November 30th. Mostly it means that November becomes a haze of caffeine related hallucinations . . . and I'm kind of amazed I haven't done anything crazy - like stick a watch in my bento. Heh!

T. informed me his co-workers are highly disturbed by food that has eyes - so I made extra sure to add a cute little chickie to his lunch! Red stuff is tangy chicken (quick recipe - cut up 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts into bite size pieces, coat with flour and salt and brown in a frying pan, combine with the following ingredients in a deep sauce pan: 2 cups of water, 4 tablespoons melted butter, 4 tablespoons of brown sugar, 2 cups of ketchup, 4 sticks of chopped celery, one onion, and pepper to taste - simmer for 40 minutes. It should make enough to feed a small army :P :P :P). Fruit is grapes ad strawberry. White rice is topped with corn/pea flowers. My bento was very similar to T.'s - so I didn't post a picture.

Goose also got Tangy Chicken . . . though he only ate the rice, carrot toppers, and fruit. All the tnagy chicken and peas/corn were left. ::sigh::

No comments:

Post a Comment