Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bento (59) - Peek-A-Boo Chickies

I am still terrible at making riceballs. Getting the size right is a little tricky - and these actually looked much better at lunch - after they had been "squished" into the proper size/shape by my bento box. LOL! I dyed the rice yellow with food coloring and used carrot for the beaks and nori punch-outs for the eyes. The chickies are sitting on evil potatos (hashbrowns, sour cream, cheese, and butter, topped with crumbled cereal flakes) with a cheese star hiding the place where chickie, potato, and kale meet. The bottom level is imitation crab/avacado salad and strawberries.

And T.'s bento . . . almost identical . . . and sadly - left on the entertainment center to be discovered when I came home . . . uneatean and *sob* spoiled. (WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE BOYS?! NO BENTO FOR THEM!!)

And last (but not least!) Goose's bento! I didn't have time to stick veggies around the chickies, so I fell like his is a little "unfinished" - but at least a large portion of it was eaten!

1 comment:

  1. All the chickes are so cute! Naughty boys forgetting the bento! There is nothing worse than bento left to rot :( so sad

    ReplyDelete