Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bento (64) - Purple Pickled Veggies

Apparently I was still in an experimental mood . . . I recently found some purple pickled vegetables at the Pacific Mercantile - and thought I would give them a try. They taste . . . more salty than vinegary. Hard to explain - but yummy! I used them to surround my fishy egg.

Today's bento was truly a last-minute thrown together from leftovers bento - which turned out surprisingly well! The fishy egg is accompanied by apple/sweet potato salad, and the bottom level was rice, naruto, a commercial heart-shaped jelly, and a smattering of peas because . . . well . . . I can't take that much rice without mixing in some veggies for flavor.

1 comment:

  1. I really love the lower level! He even has a cigar!

    I saw this on Epic Win... BentoShock!
    http://epicwinftw.com/2010/02/11/epic-win-photos-bentoshock/

    ReplyDelete