Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bento (63) - Fun with Fishcake

Today was apparently experimental bento day. I tried adding some Naruto fish cake . . . and jalapeno poppers. What a combo! LOL!

Top level is the poppers and apple/sweet potato salad. Bottom level is rice, naruto, a commercial heart jelly, and a smattering of vegetables from a frozen stir fry bag. I can't believe it took me this long to figure out to raid the stir fry bag when I need some pre-prepared veggies! The panda is, as usual, holding dumpling sauce instead of soy.

T.'s bento was very similar - except he has a lovely car boiled egg and blackberries instead of stir fry veggies. And a pink bunny . . . because it amuses me.

I reheated two of my poppers and left the other two cold. They are definitely better warm - but were edible both ways. I'll definitely keep them on my bento ingredient list!

2 comments:

  1. You do such a good job with your bento... I am shamed. I can barely get a box lunch together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The key really is planning. If I haven't put a good 15 minutes of thought into it the night before . . . then it's pretty hopeless in the morning! LOL! Though tonight I'll be posting a "thrown together" bento that turned out surprisingly well. YAY me!

    ReplyDelete