Sunday, March 28, 2010

Bento (72) - Kamaboko Bunnies!

Kamaboko bunnies! And at long last - a pickled plum! It took me a while to figure out where to find the pickled plums - but I've always wanted to try one. And now that I've tried one - I still can't tell you if I like it. LOL! My western tastebuds are totally confused by a sweet fruit that has been . . . pickled . . . and so is now salty and vinegary. Wow. I think I need to experiment some more!

The pickled plum was sitting on top of mashed potatoes, and the bottom is the standard fried udon with sauteed carrots and onions. The green triangle container is filled with udon sauce. The separator is green lettuce. I've also placed an order for "The Manga Cookbook" - so I'm looking forward to some new recipes to try! Om nom nom!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I emailed them, but I took some photos of recipes for you.

    I love the way you tweaked the fish cake! They look a little like fishies to me, but I can see bunnies too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete