Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Bento (184) - Absolutely Adorable Egg-Salad Sandwiches

Wow.  Who knew my bento page still existed?  :P

Soooo...before I get to posting the yummies, I have to add a little bit of a disclaimer.  I recently enrolled Goose in a tutoring program that recommends temporarily putting your kiddo on an elimination diet (likely to test for allergies).  Why the disclaimer?  I have to cut gluten, dairy, and refined sugar out of Goose's diet (in addition to limiting soy and eggs), which means most of my usual recipes are no longer suitable for this particular nutrition plan.  So, I'm experimenting...and some of these bentos may be lacking in veggies or fruits or carbs.  Hey, I'm working on it!

Day 1:  Absolutely Adorable Egg-Salad Sandwiches (don't judge!  It was right after Easter and we had to do SOMETHING with all those eggs and the rest of the bread).


I ordered some sandwich stampers from J-Box.  Highly, highly recommend.  Very easy to use and made absolutely adorable miniature sandwiches.  Sides are mandarin oranges and an umeboshi plum and carrots, snap peas, and broccoli with a dab of almond butter (like peanut butter, only with almonds).

The program provided a bento box (score!)--which I later decided was very awkward to work with and clean (not so awesome).  

No comments:

Post a Comment