Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bento (89) - Chicken Fingers from Black-Eyed Pea

Is it frightening that I built my bento out of 1/8 of my dinner? I love Black-Eyed Pea - but they give you five chicken fingers, two sides, rolls, cornbread, and dipping sauce. My bento is half the rice, once chicken finger (cut up), a few stir-fry veggies added from the freezer, and a mandarin orange/cherry flower. The kiwi sauce holder has leftover honey mustard dipping sauce. MmmmmmmmMMMMMMmmmm.

I'm still horrified. The entire bottom level was filled with ONE chicken finger. ONE. And they normally give you FIVE! For the curious - green is peas, orange is carrots, red is bell pepper and white is water chestnut. Not my best bento :) Not my worst bento :)

1 comment:

  1. I did the same thing this morning with my husband's bento and left overs from a Thai restaurant. I think it's a great spring board for a bento. Besides when you purposely save half for tomorrow you really see how rediculously large the portions are. I took my half and it filled a 500ml. box. I took his half without rice and added steamed vegetables, fruit, and steamed wontons. Voila..it looks like I cooked. HA HA HA.

    ReplyDelete